Native advertising is currently a controversial topic in the digital world.
It's debatable whether the concept is new, or simply a re-packaging of what publishers have been doing for years.
With that in mind, it's useful to hear both sides of the argument to get a better understanding of the issue.
Here's a roundup of 10 articles that are either optimistic or skeptical about native advertising, what it means for advertisers, and how it changes the way consumers interact with display ads.
- Mashable: Why It's Time to Get Excited About Digital Advertising
- Digiday: Why Native Ad Formats Are the Future
- TechCrunch: The Power Of “Native Advertising” Is In The Hands Of The Brands
- Online Publishers Association: Premium Content Brands Are Native Naturals
- iMedia Connection: The New Opportunity for "Native" Advertising
- Ad Age: Is Your So-Called 'Native' Advertising Really Native?
- eMarketer: All Eyes on Native Advertising, Despite Uncertainties
- NewsCred: Native Advertising: Tread Carefully and Ethically
- PandoDaily: Native Advertising Will Fail if it Means “Let’s Lie to the Natives”
- Digiday: Native Advertising is Bad News